“Heal the Heroes” -
is provided at no cost to workers on
the Front Lines of the Covid Pandemic.
This program is designed for a minimum of two people per session.
Feel free to ask a friend or coworker to join you.
Don't have anyone available to join you right now?
No worries, we can match you up with another hero.
4 sessions are with NPCC initially, followed by
6 sessions with True Hope Therapeutic Horsemanship.
How to make your experience enjoyable & safe at the NewfoundlandPony Center:
- This is a farm, where you will encounter bugs, dirt, mud, pony hugs and pony poop.
- The first thing all of our participants get is special instruction on how to interact with ponies safely.
- Open toed shoes, flip flops, or high heels are not allowed.
- Dress comfortable. We recommend layers. Don't wear your Sunday best clothing either.
- You may encounter ticks, horseflies & mosquitos here, so bug repellant might be useful..
- It is also sunny here; bring sunscreen or wearable items to prevent sunburn.
- If you have allergies please take your allergy medication before arriving.
- Please bring a face mask. If you forget yours, we may have a supply of donated masks to use.
- Bringing drinks/water and/or snacks for yourself is fine and encouraged.
- We LOVE dogs, however for their safety, the safety of our ponies, your dogs, and the comfort of others, no pets are allowed on the property. Please let us know if you require an assistance dog so we can make special accommodations.
- This is our ponies home, a place of peace, comfort and safety for them, and for all who visit. That said, no one is allowed to wander through the barn or property without an NPCC escort. If you plan to bring your children, or non-participants, for everyone's safety, please speak to the program director ahead of time to see if that is feasible. We need to plan for extra volunteers when there will be extra people here. Minors will also need to be accompanied by a responsible adult and will not have access to the farm, ponies, or barn. All people on the property need to sign our waiver. We appreciate your understanding.
- There are no restroom facilities available here other than a composting toilet in the barn and, at this time, due to Covid, we are not allowing people in the barn. The home located on the property is a private residence, not part of the center.